Advertisement

Influence lines on right or left hand?

topic posted Thu, February 18, 2010 - 9:49 PM by  Rebecca
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hello! I've got a fascination with influence lines and what they mean on different hands. I believe they play an important role in palmistry. Influence lines are smaller lines that connect with the major ones during important life events. They represent people or other living beings that affect the person's life. They can range from being monetary, career, family, romantic influences, etc.
I would like to know what it means if the right hand differs from the left hand in the placement and position of its influence lines. Does a palmist choose a particular hand to study influence lines? For example, for a right-handed person should the left hand be studied for influence lines merging with the fate line to indicate marriage? What about for a left-handed person? Does it not matter? Do both hands have to be studied? How do we study the hands when the right hand may have an influence line merging with the fate line higher up than the influence line on the left hand?
posted by:
Rebecca
Boston
Advertisement
  • Being left-handed, I have wondered that...
    • Benhams Book of Palmistry was my first book. From it I began with reading the dominant hand until I became able to read "how" ambidextrous a person was. Then I began to see the difference between the two hands, right and left. From this I understood that only the right hand "needs" to be read as that is the hand that is reflecting both hands. With that said, when I am taking the time for a full hand reading, I look at the left and right together before I begin any assessment. I pay most attention to the differences between the 2 hands and what is not present on the "other" hand. This information becomes a reference point and is then used to read the right hand.

On a side note, I have found things in every palm book that didn't prove true or accurate for me and were learned through experience. With that experience I have blended three basic styles of palm reading with Benhams being the base and root for definitions and placements, Chinese palm reading, and East Indian thumb reading. I also read the entire back side of the hand, fingers and especially knuckles which is simply an addition of reading the thumb.
      • I wanted to mention that with another self proven method, only reading the left hand or only reading the dominant hand would prove equally accurate and cover the same points of information. What counts is that the reader has a foundation to follow so it's information is recognised.
      • Frank

Weird, Benham's was also my first book too! He's a bit 'old fasioned' but still good.

I always read both hands but I agree that once you have a 'foundation to follow' that's probably the most important thing.
        • Hi Nexus! I would check both hands as Paul said and if the influence lines match up in the same places then it would be safe to assume that the influence coming into your life would appear at that time period. I believe palmists divide the fate line into periods of 7 years or so.

Hi Frank! Thank you for your observations! I will have to look into Benham's. My study of palmistry comes from experience as you've pointed out and it tends to have what is often difficult to find in books. Each hand is so fascinating as the lines are markedly so different. They tell their owners' life stories. I believe that palmists study both hands. I've heard that the right hand is important as it refers to the person's free will over his/her life. The left hand is important as it refers to destiny and its influence over the person. Others say that for a right-handed person, the right hand is the active hand. In other words, how the individual actively changes his/her life. The left hand is passive and contains the individual's aspirations or dreams. For a left-handed person, the left hand would be the active hand and the right hand would be the passive one. There's a ton of theories out there when it comes to palmistry from experience.

I find that when I look at palms I'll see the foundation you mention Frank and Paul but when it comes to making sense of the other lines, like influence lines, it's like starting from scratch especially since there's little out there about them.

Thanks for all your brilliant comments!

Recent topics in "Palmistry"